- The P requested a separate title of land in respect to the minerals in the land beneath a depth of 50ft.
- The transferor wanted to hold onto it for themselves but sell the land.
- The registrar said no such title should be provided because the torrens system only provided for registration of land titles – minerals could not be severed from the land as separate titles and if they were, they weren’t land anyway.
- However court found that the definition was sufficient to be land as the definition was very broad.
- S3 of the SA Real Property Act is broad too.
Save this case